International Anti – Corruption Day Slogans & Quotes :- Corruption is a complex social, political and economic phenomenon that affects all countries. Corruption undermines democratic institutions, slows economic development and contributes to governmental instability.Corruption attacks the foundation of democratic institutions by distorting electoral processes, perverting the rule of law and creating bureaucratic quagmires whose only reason for existing is the soliciting of bribes.
On 31 October 2003, the General Assembly adopted the United Nations Convention against Corruption and requested that the Secretary-General designate the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) as secretariat for the Convention’s Conference of States Parties (resolution 58/4).
The Assembly also designated 9 December as International Anti-Corruption Day, to raise awareness of corruption and of the role of the Convention in combating and preventing it. The Convention entered into force in December 2005.
Here are some quotes by famous personalities across the world which will inspire you to take action and fight for transparency wherever there is corruption.
- Corruption is the enemy of development, and of good governance. It must be got rid of. Both the government and the people at large must come together to achieve this national objective. – Pratibha Patil
- “To oppose corruption in government is the highest obligation of patriotism.”- G. Edward Griffin
- “People should be conscious that they can change a corrupt system”- Peter Eigen, founder of Transparency International
- If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.- A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Fighting corruption is not just good governance. It’s self-defence. It’s patriotism. – Joe Biden
- “If educated ones would behave like illiterates, how the nation would end corruption?”- Vikrmn, Corpkshetra